Dr. Vinod Kumar Verma
Awards & achievements
- Research Associateship from DBT at CCMB, Hyderabad, 2011 – 2012.
- Research Fellowship from DBT at CCMB, Hyderabad, 2008 – 2011.
- Research Fellowship from University of Tokushima, Japan, 2006 – 2007.
- Junior Research Fellowship from DBT at BHU, Varanasi, 2005 – 2006.
- Qualified CSIR-NET lectureship 2004.
- Qualified JNU entrance for M.Sc. Biotech (all over India) 2001.
- Ph.D., Biotechnology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, 2005-2007.
Thesis: A study on the role of HM1.24 and IL-4delta2 on aspects of immunotherapeutic approaches against cancer.
- M.Sc., Biotechnology, University of Hyderabad, 2001-2003
- Developing protocol for stem cell isolation, propagation characterization and cryopreservation from different sources under cGMP norms.
- Hematopoietic and mesenchymal stem cell research and its secretome application in therapy for CLI, Scleroderma, Cerebral Palsy etc
- Mesenchymal stem cell differentiation into cardiomyocytes towards the regeneration of ischemic heart muscles and labeling of cardiomyocytes with SPION for invivo
- Identification of Biomarkers for diagnosis and therapy of breast cancer and leukemia.
- RNAi based breast cancer therapeutics using extensive cellular and molecular biology methods.
- Immunotherapeutics of cancer using dendritic cells, T-cells and cytokines.
- In Vivo studies using mice and rats.
- Clinical efficacy of platelet rich plasma in combination with methotrexate in chronic plaque psoriatic patients, U Chakravdhanula, K Anbarasu, VK Verma, SS Beevi. Dermatologic Therapy, 2016 (Co-Corresponding author)
- Verma VK, Beev SS, Debnath T, Shalin U, Kamaraju SR, Kona LK, MohanramY, Chelluri LK. Signal regulatory protein alpha (SIRPA) and kinase domain receptor (KDR) are key expression markers in cardiac specific precursor selection from hADSCs. New Horizons in Translational Medicine 04/2015;
- Tangudu NK, Verma VK, Clemons TD, Beevi SS, Hay T, Mahidhara G, Raja M, Nair RA, Alexander LE, Patel AB, Jose J, Smith NM, Zdyrko B, Bourdoncle A, Luzinov I, Iyer KS, Clarke AR, Dinesh Kumar L. RNA Interference Using c-Myc-Conjugated Nanoparticles Suppresses Breast and Colorectal Cancer Models. Mol Cancer Ther. 2015 Feb 18. (Equal contributor to first author)
- Verma VK, Kamaraju SR, Kancherla R, Kona LK, Beevi SS, Debnath T, Usha SP, Vadapalli R, Arbab AS, Chelluri LK. Fluorescent magnetic iron oxide nanoparticles for cardiac precursor cell selection from stromal vascular fraction and optimization for magnetic resonance imaging. Int J Nanomedicine. 2015 Jan 20;10:711-26.
- Verma VK, Beevi SS, Tabassum A, Kumaresan K, Kamaraju RS, Arbab AS, Chelluri LK. In vitro assessment of cytotoxicity and labeling efficiency of 99mTc-HMPAO with stromal vascular fraction of adipose tissue. Nucl Med Biol. 2014 Oct;41(9):744-8.
- Khurana R, Verma VK, Rawoof A, Tiwari S, Nair RA, Mahidhara G, Idris MM, Clarke AR, Kumar LD. OncomiRdbB: a comprehensive database of microRNAs and their targets in breast cancer. BMC Bioinformatics. 2014 Jan 15;15:15. (Equal contributor to first author)
- Beevi SS, Verma VK, Chelluri LK, Lakshmi K, Debnath T, Shalini UP, Kancherla R. Dual labeling strategy of SPION for optical and MRI imaging of stem cell trafficking. 19th ISCT Annual Meeting; 04/2013
- Debnath T, Chelluri LK, Beevi SS, Verma VK, Shalini UP, Lakshmi K. An approach towards the proliferation and differentiation of stem cells on chitosan based soluble polymer . Cytotherapy; 04/2013
- Verma VK, Singh V, Singh MP, Singh SM. Treadmill exercise-dependent tumor growth retardation in T-cell lymphoma-bearing host displays gender dimorphism. Oncol Res. 2010;18(7):293-304.
- Verma VK, Singh V, Singh MP, Singh SM. Effect of physical exercise on tumor growth regulating factors of tumor microenvironment: implications in exercise-dependent tumor growth retardation. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 2009 Jun;31(2):274-82.
- Wang W, Nishioka Y, Ozaki S, Jalili A, Verma VK, Hanibuchi M, Abe S, Minakuchi K, Matsumoto T, Sone S. Chimeric and humanized anti-HM1.24 antibodies mediate antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity against lung cancer cells. Lung Cancer. 2009 Jan;63(1):23-31.
- Srinivasan T, Verma VK and Kirti PB; Efficient Shoot Regeneration in Pigeon Pea using Seedling Petioles. Current Science, Volume 86, No. 1, 10 January 2004.
- Biomarkers useful for detection of types, grades and stages of human breast cancer Kumar LD, Verma VK, Nair RA, Prabhakar J, Kattoor J, US Patent App. 14/352,804
- Novel miRNAs for Clear Demarcation and Identification of Both Types of Leukemias, T-ALL & B-ALL (Sent to DBT for Filing in India & USA).
Potential application of stem cell and its paracrine factors to many incurable conditions such as critical limb ischemia, chronic wound healing, orthopedic and neuronic conditions. 3D Stem cell culture and its differentiation into Osteocytes on bio-sccafold as bone implant. These 3D exvivo models will be used in drug testing.