Dr. B. Srinivasa Rao
Willingness to learn with dedication and sincerity in a reputed and progressive institution, to widen my practical skills with hard work and punctuality as my watchwords
Acharya Nagarjuna University Nagarjunanagar, A.P., India Ph.D. 2005-2010 Biotechnology.
Acharya Nagarjuna University Nagarjunanagar, A.P., India M.Sc. First 2001-2003 Microbiology.
Andhra University Visakhapatnam, A.P., India B.Sc. First 1998-2001 Microbiology Botany Chemistry.
Area Interested and handled
DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, Protein isolation and purification, Staining techniques, Agarose Gel Electrophoresis, SDS-PAGE, Western blot analysis, Cell culture storage and archival.
- I am a highly driven and result oriented professional with multi-disciplinary and cross functional experience seeking a challenging and growth-oriented position that utilizes my academic excellence and experience in Molecular biology, Microbiology and Biotechnology.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all kind of research methods and techniques involved Molecular biology and Microbiology.
- Trained several graduates and post-graduates on various methods and practices involved at lab and field level.
- Presently Working as a Research Associate (2013-till date)
KIMS Foundation and Research Center, #1-8-31/1, Minister Road, Secunderabad–500 003. Telangana, India.
- Worked as a Head, Journals Section (2010 to 2011)
OMICS Publishing Group, 1-90, Plot No. 20, Kavuri Hills, Madhapur-81, HITEC City, Telangana, India.
- Worked as a Teaching Associate (2009 to 2010)
Department of Biotechnology, JNTU-K, Vizianagaram campus, Vizianagaram, A.P., India for one year
- Worked as an Assistant Professor (2008 to 2009)
Department of Biotechnology, Al-Ameer College of Engineering & I.T., Visakhapatnam, A.P., India for one year.
- Worked as a Research Assistant (2003-2005)
Center for Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering Department, College of Engineering, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, A.P., India.
- Ph.D., in Biotechnology (2005-2010)
Center for Biotechnology, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Nagarjunanagar, A.P., India.
Title of the Research project: “Optimization of various parameters to enhance the production of ethanol from cashew apple juice using Saccharomyces cerevisiae in a batch bioreactor by response surface methodology”.
Awards and Honors
- Junior Research Fellowship awarded by Ministry of Human Resources Department, Govt. of India, New Delhi, India (July, 2003 to July, 2005).
- REVIEWER- “African Journal of Food Science”.
- Managing Editor- “Journal of Medical and Scientific Research”.
- Analysis of vitamin B12 and D deficiency and the effect of supplementation in patients at a tertiary care hospital. J Med Sci Res. 2015; 3(4):203-207.
- Screening and prevention of cervical cancers. J Med Sci Res. 2014; 2(2):99-108.
- Recent advances of nanoparticles in cancer therapy and diagnosis. J Med Sci Res. 2013; 1(2): 95-102.
- Ethanol production from cashew apple juice using statistical designs. J Biochem Microb Technol. 2013; 1:8-15.
- Studies on Physico-Chemical and Nutritional Parameters for the Production of Ethanol from Mahua Flower Using Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Journal of Microbial and Biochemical Technology, 2010; 2(2): 46-50.
- Optimization of Fermentation Parameters to Enhance the Production of Ethanol from Palmyra Jaggery Using Saccharomyces cerevisiae in a Batch Fermentor. Appl. Biochem. Biotechnol., 2007; 143: 224-235.