KIMS Foundation and Research Center (KFRC) was established in 2010 as an autonomous not-for-profit trust by Dr. B. Bhaskar Rao, CEO & MD of KIMS (Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences) Hospitals, Secunderabad. KFRC is multi-disciplinary research organization and recognized as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Govt. Of India. KFRC conducts innovative research to uncover promising new ideas for use in translational research. Our research and development strategy focuses on identifying medical needs and harnessing the best science in the world from our own research team and through strategic collaborations with national and international institutions.
KFRC research theme includes stem cell biology, cancer biology, medical genetics, animal models of human diseases, cell based therapies etc.
VISION & MISSION
- Bring together researchers and clinicians across the spectrum for inter-disciplinary research
- Create new biological tools to accelerate research, drug discovery and medical testing while also reducing costs and animal use
- Provide a central source of information on latest research through institute’s website
- Provide outreach and support to the community and disseminate knowledge gained through research for the betterment of society.
- Design and develop novel treatments to combat chronic diseases like cardiovascular, cancer, autoimmune disorder etc.